11 months ago
Hello all. The healthcare hackathon is this weekend. Here is some important information for you:
- Tickets. This is an in-person hackathon. Unfortunately, we can't allow remote entries. If you haven't already, you must purchase a ticket through Eventbrite to attend the event. You can do so here. The event offically kicks off at 6:30pm Friday. Feel free to check in any time after 3:00pm.
- Venue Update. The venue has officially been changed to Dempster Hall at Southeast Missouri State University. The address is 814 N Henderson, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701. You will need a parking pass for the weekend and will receive one upon registration Friday.
- Food. If you do not purchase a meal plan, you will be able to purchase individual meals throughout the weekend for $15. Or you can order food from local restaurants. Download carGO. We'll have free delivery and rideshare coupons for everyone this weekend.
- More prizes. We'll have more fun prizes to give: Amazon gift cards, a Nintendo Switch, and Sennheiser headphones. You can win these by participating in events Friday and Sunday. Polish up your resume and share it with our sponsors this weekend to win even more.
- Slack. If you have purchased a ticket through Eventbrite, you will receive an invitation from Slack shortly where we will communicate throughout the weekend.
- Code rules. As a reminder, all code must be written during the weekend. We are allowing attendees to bring code written 2 weeks prior to the hackathon, but it must be provided open source.
- Teams. Obviously this is a healthcare hackathon, but the sub-theme will be announced Friday evening. No worries, it will still be very broad-based. Individuals will have the chance to pitch problems they know need solved, and then individuals will have the chance to pitch ideas. Teams will form around these. Teams must be less than 8 people.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out by emailing email@example.com.